Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The basketball team

That's how many kids he has. Enough to have his own basketball team. Yes, 5. Damn. You know back in the day people used to make lots of babies because a) they weren't sure if all were going to survive and b) to have enough kids to help around the farm. But what's the 21st century man doing making 5 babies? That is, if he's not a mormon (confirmed, he's not).

Why so many? Mind you, they are with the same woman to which he is divorcing. But 5? I can't wrap my head around it. I don't know much about him, so we may not even get to the I want to see you in public stage, but I'm not sure if I want to give him the opportunity. I want my own family, and one more could officially make us the black Brady Bunch. As a woman in my 30's, its not uncommon for me to run into a man with child. I used to reject those guys, but reality says that most men my age may have planted a seed or two. And if they are good fathers, that's major bonus points. But...5? Is it me, or should I give it a chance?
Pros:
  • He's cute
  • The kids are from one mother
  • He's cute
Cons:
  • There are 5 of them
  • He may not have an interest in making another (although he's shown he's highly capable) in the future, should we become a permanent item
  • A recent divorcee, the littlest tot could be a baby. Too close in proximity to split
  • Did I mention, there are 5?
What's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment