I've prematurely given out my number before to douche bags that didn't deserve it. There was the buggaboo who spent 20 minutes telling me how he likes feminine women, blah blah. I tuned it out when I quickly realized we weren't a match. In fact, I never returned a single phone call, though he called me 6 times in a 2 day period. We had nothing in common other than the fact that I have a vagina and he would like to get re-introduced to one. I finally had to send the 'I've got a lot going on in my life, good luck to you email' and he got the hint. Then there was the crazy island boy who lied about his age, asked me if I thought I was pretty enough to be around and then kept fucking calling. Despite his 8 calls in 36 hours I was resistant to his troll jedi powers. Another blast from my past who asked me for my number every time (and my response is the same) doesn't seem to get it. And now there is coach procreator (see previous blog). He sends me one email- one- and asks me for my number. With buggaboo still fresh on my mind I say thanks, but I'm not ready to give up the digits just yet. He replies with a smart ass remark and I kindly laid into him. I suspect he won't like it but I don't give a two shits. How do I know you're not nuts? How do you know I'm not nuts?? And one of the good things about dating online is the ability to see how people communicate. If you can't send an email with a more than a few words, moving on. If you can't spell, not interested. And if you wanted to trade phone numbers with someone without prior knowledge why not just stick to craigslist? Even when people would meet in public (remember that?) you usually had a quick conversation before passing on the sacred 7 to joe public.
Call me a prude, but the digits are off limits!
No comments:
Post a Comment