Tuesday, February 16, 2010

D Day

I am of course referring to V Day- valentines. I say D day because that's my debbie downer day. For as long as I can remember (and I can assure you, in this case, it dates all the way back to elementary), I've hated Valentine's day. Seriously. Even in school when they had forced candy grams and parties and all the rest of that shit I hated it. When I got older and could determine my schedule I simply didn't go out because I didn't want to see people kissing, holding hands and all that other shit. Bah humbug.

Why you ask? Honestly I can't say. The obvious fact that I don't have a valentine of my own probably has something to do with it, and I would be a lying turd if I didn't admit that. But it goes deeper. The over-commercialization of the holiday grosses me out. The fact that its just about couples and not about family or friends or even loving yourself pisses me off. And the fact that men get one day in which they are supposed to act civilized and then the other 364 they can act like morons is inexcusable.

Do men still remember what its like to create romance? Do they even think its necessary? I meet so many men around here who have obviously used their bullshit on other chicks and they were dumb enough to take it. Dumb enough to accept a man taking her to a diner for a date, dumb enough to accept going dutch on a date, need I go on? So they don't know how to make an effort. And furthermore most won't because there are chicks who will give it up anyway. So why work? Why create romance?

Every kiss does NOT begin way Kay, it begins with a little effort, a lot of romance and 365 days of awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment