I have a crush. I know, very high school right? But I can't help it. You know those butterflies I mentioned earlier that I didn't know existed? He makes them flutter. He's so not my type: he smokes, career goals are fuzzy at this point, and he enjoys libations more than some. But I can't help it, to me he's the bees knees.
I don't see him often, so when I don't, I don't think about him. But when I do see him, sparks. And the sparks tend to last weeks after the last siting. As time goes on (I've had this crush since September. Pathetic, I know), the longer the sparks fly. When he looks at me there's something there. For both of us, I think, but its hard to tell. We like being around each other, but I don't want to be his friend. A friend told me once that men aren't friends with women, and in this case I hope its true!
My problem is when I have a crush my strategy is to pine away and admire from a far. Not smart. I need a plan of action, but the thought is paralyzing. Not to mention the fact that I turn into mush over a dumb boy is maddening! All these things keep me from pursuing what could be quality time spent with someone I enjoy.
Eek! What would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha I would probably do what ur doing...pine away. esp if it was someone I didn't see that often. If it were a guy I worked with or something, I'd get all gussied up regularly and pretend to not be interested most of the time...with the occasional flirtations just to let him know I'm sassy and sexy and so freaking interesting!! HAHAHAHAHA.
ReplyDelete