So I'm chatting online with a boy that I met on an online dating site. He says to me, 'why are you single'? Ok just to digress for a minute, why do men ask that question? I'm sure women might also ask, but since I don't date women I can't validate. But seriously, what is with that question? How is someone supposed to answer that? I'm single because guys who ask that are stupid and therefore get put in the 'not interested' category. Ugh. At any rate, so I answered with my standard answer (I haven't met the right guy yet) and proceeded to tell him about my experience with online dating, that a lot of people who are on dating sites pretend to be something they are not because the Internet allows for virtually unlimited anonymity and they can say they are one thing and be another. His response? 'Are you a lesbian'? HUH? I must have missed something because for the life of me I can't understand why he would ask me such a ridiculous question. I love my lesbian sisters, but would I be on a dating site where my profile says, 'looking for men', I am talking to a man, and my sexual preference says 'men' (they don't offer an 'often' option so I chose plan b)? My reply? 'I am now' and I closed the chat window and put him in the 'block loser category'.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know he was hoping you were a lesbian because his fantasies were so going wild right then. He was so ready to hear your girl-on-girl stories. Yeah! He wishes. What a jerk. LOL!
ReplyDelete