Thursday, January 14, 2010

Troll #11 Diner

I wasn't going to put him in this category- I wasn't! He had a lot of redeeming qualities, and we had a lot in common. But the more I thought about this date, the more I realized it was worth making public. Sorry troll.

I was not intending on meeting anyone. My friend and I were trolling on craigslist, laughing at the pervs and other weirdos. When I clicked on his add he had a panda bear with a monicle and Dave Chappelle as Prince (no pic of himself). I couldn't resist. I mentioned something about the photo and kept it moving. Well he responded back, we exchanged niceties and eventually continued to trade emails back and forth. He could put together sentences, was pretty funny, who knew?

After we began talking on the phone I discovered we had a lot in common. It was great. We would talk for hours. And I'm big on a good conversation. It says a lot. So we decide to meet.

Those who know me know I am big on conversation. I am also big on a man, well, being a man. So when a man asks me out, I expect him to make a plan, and make it do what its supposed to do. 45 minutes later, he could only come up with a city. Christ. Fine, we agree to meet at said location.

Said location? Target. Where? Some shitty strip mall. Dinner? No fucking clue. He knew nothing about the mall, nothing that was in there, only that it was the geographical midpoint between he and I. So I decide to pull out my phone to find a locale where we could eat. As I am scrolling through my phone he says, 'there's a silver diner in the parking lot'. A diner? A FUCKING DINER? You have to be kidding me right? Nope, he sure wasn't.

Do men not even BOTHER to make an effort anymore? A diner is a place you go when you're hung over, you're drunk, or you're two years into your relationship and you get up and don't feel like making breakfast. It's not a first date, or a 50th date for that matter. It was bad enough that he showed up in a Santa hat, and he also sang at the table. I'm not making this up.

No, we haven't seen each other since. Ho Ho Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment