I had a blind date tonight. It was blind in the fact that I had no idea what he looked like. He, however, knew what I looked like. We'd communicated back and forth all last week, and since Friday have had phone conversations at least 2 hours long every night. And sometimes during the day too. On paper he was just about perfect: He made me laugh, he liked baby animals, he enjoyed The Little Mermaid and Little Shop of Horrors for peets sake (if you know me then you know all of these things are an easy way to impress me). One problem.
Physically, I am not attracted to him. Fuck.
I am the first to say looks aren't everything. As someone who I'm certain has been dissed and dismissed because I've got extra padding, believe me, I know. It's not a fun feeling. But it's not too much to ask to be attractive to someone... is it?
There are a lot of things that make someone attractive to me. And he has a lot of those qualities. But tonight I saw two of his downsides: A man is just that, a man. Its not about telling me what to do (damn that) but its about taking initiative. We spent 45 min (kid you not) trying to figure out what city to meet at. Finally we decided upon a place that was in between us. I get there, and he has no idea what's around there or where he wants to go. Ok. So I take out my phone (God bless technology) and imagine my surprise when the only thing that was around there was a TGI Fridays or a diner. If you want to take a minute to guess where he chose I'll let you mull it...
Yes, the diner. Not exactly first date (or any date) material. Oy.
But as unappealing as the diner was (I think my hair smells of burger), the bigger issue is that I don't see any attraction there. Don't mean to sound crass, but when I go out with someone I want to know at the end of the night I want nothing more than for him to put his lips to mine and lay one on me, and with any luck we'll be sharing more than a meal in the near future. Mentally I wanted to jump his bones, physically... not so much. And it's not that he's ugly because he's not.
But I just didn't feel a spark.
Fizz.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment