Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cinderella Lost her Shoe

Funny story. I had a date on Sunday (don't tell anyone, but I think he might be a keeper!) and after choosing several outfits and selecting a panel to help me choose the best choice for our date (video games and dinner), I was all set. I chose to wear with my outfit my favorite pair of red shoes. Those of you who know me know I have a thing for red, and it just so happens I have about 6 pairs of red shoes. Different outfits require different types of red- get off my back! At any rate, these shoes are so precious. They are a deep red, pointy toe flat with a bow for a back. Too cute! Bad idea.

I suppose if there was a time to break ones shoe it would be in the mall so that it could be easily replaced but that's not really the point. As I took the last few steps to the bench to wait for my date, I felt something a little, loosey goosey. I looked and and sure enough, the ribbon was no longer attached to my shoe, leaving it to flap in the air. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was so devastated. I went from being cool, calm and collected to breaking into a sweaty panic. No money (or room) for shoes, but trying to keep that shoe on for 4 hours was NOT an option. Thankfully my date was a little late so I had time to hunt for a shoe that matched, was cheap, and useful in the future.

And like always, Nine West came to my rescue, I found a shoe under $40, and I had one of the most awesome date's I've had in a long time. Cinderella is back in the ball, looking fresher than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment