I'd like to say I don't think ill of people, but one could argue that this blog is just that. But its simply not true dear reader! But this entry might dispell that myth just a bit.
Every now and then you encounter people that are just plain losers. There, I've said it. And this guy was one of them. And I owe it to a friend of mine who reminded me of this troll, he was that unforgettable. At any rate, I met him in March of last '08 and on paper he seemed to be a a mr. potential. He worked for a newspaper and could carry a conversation. Then a few weeks after we met, he got laid off. In retrospect I bet he was fired but that's neither here nor there. Losing their job happens to a lot of people, so I wasn't passing judgment on him for that. In fact, my interest in dating him had waned, my interests had shifted elsewhere.
The one thing we could never agree on was the election. He was a fan of Hilary, I wasn't. No big deal. But being the asshole that he was, he spent every email he sent to me spewing lies about Obama and trying to make points that didn't exist. Why he was so hell bent on proving his point to me I couldn't guess, I honestly didn't give a shit. But his pushy attitude it proved his lack of character to say the least. He went from having a job and a place to being unemployed and homeless pretty quickly. Very suspicious if you ask me, but whatever. He would give me his sob story on a daily basis; he's living in a drug house, his neighbor him up, he didn''t have a car, he stole my stuff, blah blah blah. He was like the male debbie downer, only none of it was making sense. And all of it was irritating.
Now I know I don't need to remind you, but I have not known this prick for very long. We met once for coffee which surprisingly he did buy, but that was it. We emailed a few times a week, he would sound off on his republican-like racist talking points, and I would say uh huh because I was bored of it. So would you be surprised to know that he asked to borrow money from me?? Oh yes, I wish I was lying but I'm not. He called me one day, stuck in DC and unable to get back to his borrowed couch in Greenbelt. 'Can I borrow $3 to get home?' he says. 'I can be there in a few minutes'. So he was wandering around downtown trying to figure out who he could use this time, because obviously he had to have burned his bridge with everyone to ask a virtual stranger for money. Oy. It just so happened that I had a $5 and gave it to him, never to see him again.
I'd like to say I hadn't heard from him after that point, but that was not the case. Our last email exchange was so precious, but unfortunately I deleted it. But essentially after going on and on again about Obama (I think this was after a big primary win, or something along those lines), I told him I thought he was a pushy person and his negativity not the kind of energy that I wanted in my life. He then proceeded to tell me it was no wonder I was single- this coming from a homeless, pathetic, unemployed douche bag with no drive whatsoever. Of course I was dating someone at the time, but why kick a dog when he's down?
I'm sure he thought he left on a high note, but unfortunately he wouldn't have been able to afford one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment