Friday, November 27, 2009

He's Great But...

No real news with the new boy in my life. He had strep (thankfully he didn't get me sick on our date!) so I haven't seen him since we first met. But we've talked. And for me, something is missing. I really, really hate forced conversations. To me a sign of a connection is when you don't have to think about what to talk about, where the conversation goes, all the traditional questions in a particular order, you get the idea. But if I am being honest with myself, he's kind of boring.

I was telling a friend of mine that I thought he was kind of conservative. Which is true. I am definitely the more outgoing, chatty kathy of the two. But when we talk, there's a lot of crickets in the air (i.e. dead silence). We're SO far away from the listening to each other breathe phase (I think that only exists in movies anyway), so its seems as if we don't have much to say. He'll call me and we'll talk for maybe 5 min. And that 5 min is a painful one because its me doing the prodding. On our date we had a nice time, we had some video game action so we had something to focus on other than each other. So it was easy. And during dinner we talked more freely. No dead spaces. Perhaps phone is not his thing? Confidentially, I think it goes a little farther than that? He bores me.

I know that sounds fucked up, but more times than not I find myself not connecting with him. Its not because he doesn't have extra curricular activites that he enjoys, or that he doesn't have knowledge about the world around him. But one thing I will give MMC (see earlier), and the only thing I will give him, is that our conversations were easy, natural. And it would range from the mundane (creating scenarios in which my cat is texting him about his kitty entourage), to politics, to relationships to each other. There was no script, it just...happened. What am I missing here? And more importantly, is it something I can do without?

No comments:

Post a Comment