Now I want to say that I've met 3 people from craiglist in my life. One was a very dear friend who I lost to a car accident earlier this year (I miss you Al), another was decent but you'll hear more about him later. The other, well, he gets his own post. But because its free and can be totally anonymous, every degenerate within a 50 mile radius is on there. Here's a few samples:
CAN U JUMP INTO A REALTIONSHIP HIT ME
Are you really nice but a little naughty? - 35
420 and a clit licking? Interested in fun evening?
Who Wants A Big Load??
I think you can guess what that last one was about. Because its Sunday I decided not to share the content of these ads, but if you're interested I'm sure you could find it or one just like it. And I wish I could say this was the worst of it but I'd be lying. I've posted on craiglist a few times and I look for shits and giggles because frankly its free. But when I've posted I've always gotten some asshole to share his little pecker picture with me and I am not amused. Or some creep asking me if I like sensual massages and my toes sucked. WTF? How did Craigslist become so rotten? If you remember not that long ago some asshole killed a woman he solicited on craigslist. This is serious shit.What I find so interesting/unsettling is that these people could be my neighbor or co-worker, they could be teaching children. The Internet has become a fantasy world, a place where everyone can lay their depravity on the line with the hopes that someone shares their same fantasy and will reach out and make that connection.
I troll through Craigslist from time to time for funzies but I honestly don't believe Mr right (or even right now) is on there. But the brutal truth is that paying for an online dating service does not guarantee I won't run into any depraved characters (see future post, 'Wine & Don't Dine', coming soon). So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. My friend Al was one of the kindest, sweetest men I've ever met. Supportive, smart, funny and gave a lot to his country. So its possible to find. Just be sure you have your glasses out, you're going to need to find that needle in this deplorable haystack.
No comments:
Post a Comment